Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Naked, I'm Naked!

Ok, not really. But it feels like it.

My very excited puppy Loki jumped into the car to see his sister who he missed after being separated from her for the Christmas holiday (long story involving several vet visits and rapidly changed Christmas plans). He tipped over Husband's mocha onto my iPhone--which we didn't notice for a few minutes. It seemed to clean up fine and the phone worked ok. Until it died because it would no longer charge or connect to the computer.

As with all Apple products, it's cheaper to replace than repair. Ugh.

My new 32 gig 3GS iPhone will be much nicer than my 8 gig 3G phone. And since I bought a refurbished one it was less than a new phone and less than the repair would have cost.

But still. I won't have it until sometime tomorrow and I keep reaching for it. Listen to music at work--oh, nope. Text my sister--oh, nope. Call Husband--oh, nope. Facebook? nope. Check the time. Hmmm, I must have a watch somewhere...  I knew I used my phone a lot, but I didn't realize it was quite THIS bad.

I'd like to be zen and remind myself that this is a nice break from my technological life and how blessed I am to not have to be tied to my phone. But that's not really working for me. Instead, I simply hope to not have a phone-related meltdown until it arrives tomorrow!

Edit: Phone has arrived, been restored with previous phone's settings and life is good. It wasn't actually as painful as I thought it would be, though I am glad to have it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment