Monday, January 4, 2010

Not Very Resolute

I don't really believe in resolutions for the new year. Maybe it's because one can only be disappointed so many times by never living up to them, but I think it has more to do with all the extra pressure put on by New Year's resolutions. It's like this huge new start to your life... except really, it's not. It's just putting up a new calendar and remembering to write a new end on dates. By February it feels just like the previous year and all those good new plans are forgotten.

This year my new "start to life," as it were, began in September when Husband and I were married. That's when I made new resolutions, when my life changed, when my routines and habits adjusted (or at least started to). Maybe I should make that my time to check in every year and see how I'm doing compared to where I want to be?








Wedding photo: by the excellent Ben Blood


No comments:

Post a Comment